Hello! That's a fantastic question! You can keep our natural oils at room temperature, but we recommend following these best storage practices:
- Stored oils should be kept out of the sunlight and away from heat. Always keep the container sealed when it is not in use.
- Once opened it’s advised to store below 30 degrees Celsius.
- For instance, properly stored oils, like black seed oil, last for more than 2 years. If exposed to high levels of heat and moisture black seed oil may lose its quality like aroma and flavor over time and can develop a hazy appearance but it should still be safe for use.
You can refrigerate most of our food-grade oil, like black seed oil, to keep it cool. However, we all have our likes and dislikes in life. Some people might decide to keep it cool while others prefer to have it warm.
- There are few signs to note if your food-grade oil has gone bad. For example, when you notice the presence of greyish color in the oil.
- The color detects the presents of bacteria that are growing in there. Sometimes you will notice that the flavor of the oil has changed.